Friday, October 22, 2004

fickle me

a guy friend accompanied me while i was waiting for my sister to pick me up at a KFC resto. i had such a difficult time deciding that even the snail-crawling pace of its employees didn't give me enough time to choose which meal i'd be buying. so, my friend called me fickle. in fact, he said all females were. slightly crossed at the comment, i started debating with him and defended that i was just indecisive. after all, it's really hard to choose when you're in KFC [i happen to like chicken].

on my way home, i wondered, why is it that as we get older, it becomes harder for us to make decisions? is it because we get more confused as information accumulate in our brain? is it because we learn to consider other factors in our decisions as we get older? or have we forgotten to follow our hearts and conscience instead of our wants? i'm only sixteen years old but i'm already confused about so many things. shouldn't we be more sure as we get older and not more doubtful and, yes, fickle? it took me three trips to the fridge before i finally decided that i was too full to drink milk tonight. why is it so hard to make even the smallest of decisions?
hmm..maybe the way you make decisions regarding petty little things represents the way you make choices which could possibly alter your life. maybe these are just trials so that we may be prepared when it comes to the real thing. just as when you're eating in a fastfood resto, you can't always get exactly what you want cause it may not be available. but sooner or later, you'll have to make a decision to avoid holding up the line and have hungry customers breathing down your neck. hopefully sooner..and hopefully, you won't pick the Chaka meal either.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------the article above is my first stab at a "meaningful" journal entry ala Carrie Bradshaw. i've just watched four whole seasons so i'm still suffering SATC hangovers. forgive me if it's sappy, but that's what you'll be getting from me most of the time. tell me whatcha think..and no, i won't sue you if you criticize too much. that hint about the milk was true and yes, i do still drink milk at night. and no, KFC doesn't officially have a Chaka meal. that's just what my friends in UP call their oriental rice meals..i'm not gonna say anything bad bout it coz 1] i haven't tried it and 2] KFC might sue me if i do say anything. toodles!

5 Comments:

Blogger coppergirl said...

nice article kat. hahaha. :P guess who?!

5:15 AM  
Blogger coppergirl said...

hey! is that you seatiemate?

7:34 PM  
Blogger KG said...

hellfire to KF and their GMOs! Bleh... oh, well.. the "chaka meal" looks better than it tastes, that's for certain!

nothing beats the original flavour! hahaha!

tell me about it. i suck at decision-making too.

8:02 PM  
Blogger teltel said...

kat!!! haha..nice article!!!;p

5:58 AM  
Blogger coppergirl said...

hey guys! thanks for reading my article..yep..noel said that..haha! i'm gonna get a tagboard soon so you guys don't have to go through too much to post a message..i have a new article coming up!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home