Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Bradshaw and Big...finally

Okay. I realize this article is way behind. Heck, it’s so late that if I were a journalist, well, I wouldn’t be one anymore. But like they say..it’s better late than never, isn’t it?

Anyway, despite all the unfortunate events going on in my life right now, such as the possibility of getting delayed, I sort of have a feeling this’ll be a good year for me. Why, you ask? Well, the first feeling I got this new year was one of hope. See, right after our New Year’s Eve reunion on my mother’s side, I went home, and, to my surprise, found out that THE last episode of SATC was being replayed on HBO. I did get a bit teary-eyed..ok, fine! I cried..but just a little! Defensive ba? Anyway, here’s the “condensed” version: Carrie went to Paris to live there with her Russian boyfriend. But before she did, Big appeared and told her he couldn’t live without her and that this time would be different. But no! Carrie said that there wouldn’t be a “this time” because she’s finally realized that Big always takes her for granted whenever she gives him another chance. Anyway, once there, she immediately gets homesick..for her friends, for New York, and, [not surprisingly] for Big. Alex [the boyfriend] was having an unveiling [he’s an artist] at the same night of the party which was being thrown for Carrie by her French fans. Though she was reluctant to not attend the party because she had no way of canceling it [she didn’t get the contact number] and not showing up would make her look like a snob [this is just my opinion..the truth is, she was reluctant because, well, how often does a columnist have fans in a foreign country?], she went to support the very nervous boyfriend instead. But once the critics expressed how much they loved his work, Alex let go of Carrie’s hand, as if completely forgetting that, just a second ago, he needed her to keep his knees from bending. [This was a very nice, sad scene where the way he let go of Carrie’s hand was made even more dramatic through slow motion.] When Carrie was absentmindedly staring at her purse at the gallery, she found out that her “Carrie” necklace, the one she was so depressed about when she thought it was lost, was in it all along. [Here is a symbolism, I think..the necklace represents her “before”, if you know what I mean.] She decides to go to the party but arrives too late. When she returned, she had a fight with her boyfriend for obvious reasons. Carrie finally realized that she made a mistake going to Paris. She’s at the lobby when Big enters, searching for her [I forgot to mention that Big met with the girls and asked if they think he should go after Carrie..how sweet! He wanted to make sure he was doing what’s right for Carrie, and not just what’s right for him..Miranda, knowing Carrie the best, told him he should get Carrie back], and Carrie breaks down at the sight of him..blah blah blah ..sweet stuff..and they finally realized they truly loved each other..the end. Oh yeah, she’s back in New York!

So, why does it give me hope? Well, if you watch SATC, you know that Carrie is just extremely unlucky when it comes to love. Personally, I think she’s a bit too emotional about some stuff, which is why none of her relationships lasted that long. But after such a long time, she finally found her guy. That gives me hope. I know many of my classmates would object to this, seeing me in despair everyday for the past two weeks, but, deep inside, I am truly hopeful..for a lot of things. Not just hope for finding the right guy, but hope in achieving something you think was impossible, or at least, improbable. Like passing a difficult course, patching things up with an enemy [or, in my case, my mother], truly living life..and more. Sure, it may take me longer than it did Carrie, but I’ll get there..and I’m sure you will too.

8 Comments:

Blogger Miki said...

hi kat...hai...i so wish i cud watch SATC...ewan ko ba...hindi kc ako marunong magabang ng series...hai...mtv lng tlga and disney. oh and nick! haha...un...lamu u write well! grabe! ashtig.sobra...nageenjoy ako! hihihi...thanks ulit for introducing me to this blog thing...galing... may nadiscover pala ako... narealize ko lang...ngayon lang naliwanagan ako... that math obstacle we had last sem wasn't too bad...not bad at all...for one, it made us realize that this college life isn't a joke...it had to be taken seriously... and for the deeper sense of it... it brought me you! at ngayon i have one of my best friends na in UP manila! di ba?! wuviu friend! mwah!

4:52 AM  
Blogger coppergirl said...

awww..thanx mic! mwaaah! so touching naman ng iyong comment! and true! if it weren't for all this, we wouldn't have been this close..so i'm thankful too! i'm so blessed to have your friendship! mwaaah!

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

something tells me kinikilig ka.

- guess.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waw ganda! atlast naka-visit na ko! :D have i ever told u that u inspire me? yes yah do! :D kahit na hirap na tau sa chem...u dont seem to break down etc [unlike me]...parang ang saya2 mo pa rin...:D kaya hindi mo lang alam...pero ung radiation ng kasiyahan mo eh lumilipat sa iba [lumilipat sken]...:D hapi hearts day and i wish u well! :D lets have faith. chem won't bring us down. hehe!

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks guys! i love you all!

noel: thanks thanks! i did one of the things so..only a zillion more to go, right? weoweoweoweoweo!

jac! ok k lng? nka-tatlong breakdowns na ko noh! pwde na nga sa video ni mariah carey eh! hehe..

aisaaaaa! yes..kala mo, may kuwenta rin pala tau! haha! godbless, ineng!

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://tsayqzay.com/rxij/dsfc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://igyxubkf.com/ckqw/tqpq.html]Cool site[/url]

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://tsayqzay.com/rxij/dsfc.html | http://bypuvtvh.com/rbda/tpke.html

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home